Fractional Ownership Properties
Fractional ownership properties can be a good way to invest in a vacation property. What does fractional ownership mean? Simply that you own a fractional time of the property (which can vary), along with a fraction of the responsibility. Depending on ownership percentages the fees are divided accordingly.
- Full financial responsibility is usually not for a soul owner.
- Great for vacation properties.
- Depending on location, can have access to certain amenities.
- You are limited on the times that you have the property.
- There can be and usually are contract restrictions as to changes (i.e. remodeling) and rental options.
- At times, the market can be limited if one wanted to sell.